CULLMAN, Ala.– The Cullman County Board of Education (CCBOE) on Friday, May 12, hosted high school juniors and seniors at the central office for an armed forces signing day. This was the third year for the event.
Cullman County Schools Superintendent Dr. Shane Barnette opened the ceremony offering words of support and encouragement to the students. “I do appreciate you guys very much. I appreciate the families, the sacrifice that you’re going to be making being separated from your family members, and I know they’re going to represent us well,” he said.
Retired Col. Harvey B. Jones III was the guest speaker for the event, which was catered by the Cullman Veterans of Foreign Wars post.
“This is one of the most humbling and honoring programs that we do all year long.” Barnett stated. “I’m so excited that these young people see how important it is because we have so many role models in Cullman County that they can look to who have served in the military. These young people are going and they’re going to serve and represent us and we are so excited.
Students who have enlisted include:
- Malcom Isidoro-Delgado – Hanceville High
- Callum Smith – Holly Pond High
U.S. Army National Guard
- Hailee Steadman – Cold Springs High School
- Octavio Resendiz – Good Hope High School
- Travis Egnor – Good Hope High School
- Nathaniel Briggs – Good Hope High School
- Ella Crider – Holly Pond High School
- Austin Hayes – Holly Pond High School
- Luis Diaz-Orona – Holly Pond High School
- Richard Kline – Vinemont High School
- Chayce Sandlin – Vinemont High School
- Nancy Davis – West Point High School
- Eric Gilbreath – West Point High School
- William Jacobs – West Point High School
- Lachlan Ward – West Point High School
- Ramses Garcia – Hanceville High School
- Koehler Marlowe – Hanceville High School
- Jackson Teer – Good Hope High School
Copyright 2023 Humble Roots, LLC. All Rights Reserved.