CULLMAN, Ala. – Cullman Regional, on Monday announced its 2020-2021 fiscal year-end update, complete with statistics and figures for Hospital Quality, COVID-19 Response, Specialty Physicians, Main Campus Physical Facilities and Additional Outpatient Locations.
“The past year was for Cullman Regional, as for all of the nation and world, a uniquely trying time; however, we are immensely proud of what we accomplished for our staff, patients and communities,” said Cullman Regional CEO James Clements. “The incredible impact this medical center is making across the region is not only vital to the health of our citizens, but also paramount to the ongoing growth and vitality of our local economies.”
For the July 1, 2020 – June 30, 2021 Cullman Regional fiscal year, hospital leadership reports the following:
- HOSPITAL QUALITY – Cullman Regional ranked in the top 10% in the nation over the last year in sepsis treatment, in the prevention of bloodstream infections, in the prevention of Clostridium difficile (C. diff.) and in the reduction of pre-term elective deliveries.
- COVID-19 RESPONSE – 30,000 Cullman Regional-provided COVID-19 vaccinations were administered to the community, with the hospital’s clinical team adding up to 1,000 vaccinations per day to their schedules while continuing to deliver quality care to those already infected. Additionally, Cullman Regional led regional treatment efforts with early physician adoption and delivery of lifesaving Monoclonal Antibody therapy, quickly pivoting to the current best practices of medicine for the community.
- SPECIALTY PHYSICIANS – Cullman Regional recruited 21 specialty physicians within the last five years – seven during its latest fiscal year – with physicians adding locally available, specialty care in psychiatry, vascular surgery, minimally invasive spine surgery and endocrinology.
- ADDITIONAL OUTPATIENT LOCATIONS – A total of 12 new outpatient locations were added to Cullman Regional over the last five years, five within the last fiscal year, including a Spine Center, Behavioral Health Center and Vascular Center.
- MAIN CAMPUS PHYSICAL FACILITIES – Cullman Regional invested $100 million in capital over the last five years to expand and update its main campus health care delivery system. Upgrades included 60 additional inpatient beds – 12 of them in the Critical Care Unit, a 17-treatment room emergency room expansion and multiple technology upgrades including Da Vinci robotic surgery, Mako orthopedic surgical robot, 3-D mammography and state-of-the-art MRI and CT machines.
- LOCAL COMMUNITY IMPACT – Cullman Regional is the largest employer in Cullman County and is responsible for over $300 million in annual local economic impact. Additionally, the hospital added 489 jobs over the last five years, with 100 of those being onboarded within the last fiscal year, despite the pandemic.
“Our growth and success are fueled by our passion to deliver the best care for those we serve, whether that’s through campus expansion, the addition of new physicians and needed specialties or adding employees and boosting local economies,” said Clements. “To look at where we are as a system in 2021 versus five years ago is nothing short of monumental, and this speaks volumes for our commitment to bringing world-class health care to our communities’ backyard.”