Cullman Primary School art award winners Ty White, Maddie Seidel and Wyatt Barker with Dr. Susan Patterson, left, and Principal Tricia Culpepper, right
CULLMAN – On Tuesday afternoon, the Cullman City School Board met at the board office with a long list of items on its agenda, starting with recognition of the achievements of some of its students and a teacher who could be the next state Teacher of the Year.
The board recognized Cullman Primary School kindergarten teacher Erica Rutherford for being selected as a top 16 finalist for the 2017-18 Alabama Teacher of the Year.
Cullman Primary School continued to rack up the accolades, as Superintendent Dr. Susan Patterson presented State Superintendent’s Visual Arts Awards to Wyatt Barker, Maddie Seidel and Ty White.
Ann Carol Braswell and Noah Fondren of Cullman High School were each recognized for receiving the Bryant-Jordan Achievement Award for student athletes. Both will receive scholarships. Fondren also won the Alabama Public Television Young Hero Award.
In other business, the board gave bulk approval to a long list of agenda items, including:
- A new code of conduct and financial handbook for the system
- A 15-cent increase in lunch prices for students across the system, not including free and reduced lunches
- A four-day work week for June and July, with Fridays as needed
- Technology infrastructure upgrades at Cullman Middle, West Elementary, and Cullman Primary
- A two-day Kindergarten camp at the beginning of the school year in August
- A textbook committee for Cullman High (no members named)
- Clinical site agreements between Cullman High’s healthcare science program and Williams Prompt Care and An Angel’s Touch Therapeutic Massage
- Head Start program partnerships with the Cullman Housing Authority, County Department of Human Resources, Parks and Recreation, and Brook’s Place
- Retirement of Student Services Assistant Debbie Howard
- Resignations/completions of temporary employment: Sarah Delaine VanDyke, Rosanne Gomez, Rachel Joiner, Stanley Harper, Jeri Entrekin, Jillian Knight, Jenna Bates
- Reassignments: Patti Britton, Tamika Powell, Lindsay Harris, Mallory Adams, Sashari Caretti, Jennifer Crumpton, Jennifer Gardiner, Angela Hall, Cresha Bradley, Hannah Higginbotham
- Leaves of Absence: Joseph Duke, Erin Tidwell
- Conditional, part-time and substitute employment: Tracy Pasquinilli, Whitney Young, Dorinda Steele, Matthew Todd Scott, Jennifer Cupp, Amanda Baker
The next Cullman City School Board meeting will be at 5 p.m. on May 16 in Tillman Hall at Cullman High School. The public is invited to attend.
Copyright 2017 Humble Roots, LLC. All Rights Reserved.