CULLMAN, Ala. – Cullman County Community Development Commission (CCCDC) board members Cherrie Haney and Josh Speakman distributed grant checks Tuesday, Sept. 27, at the Cullman County Economic Development office.
- Cullman Fire Rescue- for water rescue equipment
- Sardis Volunteer Fire Department- for LUCAS CPR device
- Joppa Volunteer Fire Department- for 12 P25 two-way radios
- Fairview Middle School- for 32 new computers
- Industrial Development Board- for OTR graders
- Cullman County Bosom Buddies- for assisting cancer patients
- Cullman County Public Library- for the Bookmobile
- The Foundry Ministries- for high tunnels for crops
- Grandview Community Center- for air-conditioning units for voting area
- Cullman Elks Lodge- for this year’s Cullman County Veterans Day Celebration
- Vinemont High School- for new Chromebooks
- White City Community Center- for building materials
Funding for CCCDC grants comes from taxes- Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA) in lieu of taxes and beer taxes. Grants are capped at $12,000 and are not issued for more than that amount except under extraordinary circumstances, which must be approved by the legislators.
The CCCDC strives to maintain a $100,000 reserve fund, as advised by the legislators.
To learn more or to submit a grant application, visit http://co.cullman.al.us/cccdc/cccdc.html
Copyright 2022 Humble Roots, LLC. All Rights Reserved.