CULLMAN, Ala. – Cullman City Schools held its board meeting Tuesday evening celebrating January as School Board Appreciation Month.
Board members recognized included:
- President – Amy Carter
- Vice President – Jason Neal
- Chris Branham
- Cheryl Harrison
- Joey Orr
Teachers of the Year Awards were given to Carrie Byrd – Cullman City Primary School, April Dean – East Elementary School, Sashari Caretti – West Elementary School, Brent Hill – Cullman Middle School and Christopher Smith – Cullman High School.
A presentation on the Cullman City Head Start Annual Training was given by Director Tricia Culpepper, along with the introduction of Early Childhood Education Consultant Amanda Tanner.
Action Items included:
- Financial report which included monthly financial statements and cash balance/ bank reconciliations for November 2021, as presented by the chief school financial officer.
- Revision to Cullman City Head Start Non-Federal Share (NFS) Waiver Request for FY21.
- Contract with Levi Stricklin to pride Residence Artistry in Set Building.
- TEAMS Contract with Tonia Broussard beginning January 3, 2022, through June 30, 2022.
- Teacher Mentor Agreement – Courtney Waters beginning August 2021 through May 2022.
- Teacher Mentor Agreement – Heather Brooks beginning January 2022 through May 2022.
- Resignation of Teacher Mentor Agreement – Sara McCutcheon, effective January 7, 2022.
- Stipend for the following CNP Staff that provided the meal for the “Dinner with Devin” event on January 13, 2022. – Trinity Doss, Charlotte Hood, Vickie Wood, Kim Zavidil, Rachel Jimerson and Tammy Brown.
- Revision of the following Head Start Policies (approved by Head Start Policy council 1/12/22)
PO-HPS03 Oral Health Practices–PO-HPS06 Child Mental Health and Social and Emotional Well Being–PO-ERSEA02 Determining, Verifying and Documenting Eligibility–PO-ERSEA03 Recruitment of Children–PO-ERSEA04 Selection Process–PO-ERSEA05 Enrollment–PO-ERSEA06 Attendance
The following surpluses were also approved:
- #99-01 – 1999 International 72 Passenger School Bus
- #99-03 – 1999 International 66 Passenger School Bus
- #02-04 – 2000 International 72 Passenger School Bus
- Non-Numbered CNP Bus – 2003 International 48 Passenger School Bus
- Salvaged two inoperable Elmo’s from the Technology Department.
- Salvaged two art easels and one wooden desk from Cullman City Head Start.
- Scrapped reach-In cooler from East Elementary School.
Personnel items that were approved were:
- Diane Culpepper from contract for Part-time Counselor at Cullman Middle School, effective December 1, 2021.
- Patricia Talley from Custodian at Cullman High School, effective December 20, 2021.
- Sara McCutcheon from Spanish Teacher at Cullman High School, effective January 7, 2022.
- Broc Malcom from Instructional Assistant at Cullman High School, effective December 17, 2021.
- Jeri Entrekin – transfer from Part-time Special Education Teacher at Cullman Middle School to Special Education Teacher at Cullman City Primary School, effective January 19, 2022. (JV21 – 156)
- Conditional Employment – Under the terms of the Child Protection Act of 1999, Act No. 2022-457, pending certification and paraprofessional requirements as Applicable:
- John Connor Adams – Special Education Instructional Assistant (Itinerant), beginning January 12, 2022 (retroactive).
- Kayla Sheree Walsh – Child Nutrition Program Manager (Itinerant), beginning January 19, 2022 (tentative).
- Kelly Michelle Barron – Long-term Substitute (6th Grade Social Studies) to fill a leave of absence at East Elementary School, beginning January 3, 2022.
- Phyllis Thompson – Long-term Substitute (Physical Education) to fill a leave of absence at East Elementary School beginning January 19, 2022.
- Robin Darden Cranford – Spanish Teacher at Cullman High School, beginning January 18, 2022.
- Sara McCutcheon – Student Government Association at Cullman High School effective January 7, 2022.
- Broc Malcom – 9th Grade Football Assistant, effective December 17, 2022.
- Scott Broad – 9th Grade Head Basketball Coach (unfilled supplemented position).
- Community Coach:
- Jonathan Ryan Hunt – Tennis Volunteer Community Coach.
The next Regular Board Meeting will be Tuesday, Feb. 15 at 5:00 p.m. at Cullman Middle School.
Copyright 2021 Humble Roots, LLC. All Rights Reserved.