Monday, March 1, 2021 COVID-19 update from the Alabama Department of Public Health’s COVID-19 Dashboard Hub (https://bit.ly/3iVJwXK)
- Total confirmed cases in AL: 386,933 (+408 since yesterday)
- Probable cases in AL: 106,836 (+109 since yesterday)
- Total confirmed deaths in AL: 7,789 (+2 since yesterday)
- Probable deaths in AL: 2,142
- Total confirmed cases in Cullman Co.: 6,072 (+6 since yesterday)
- Probable cases in Cullman Co.: 2,825 (+0 since yesterday)
- Total confirmed deaths in Cullman Co.: 118 (+0 since yesterday)
- Probable deaths in Cullman Co.: 63
- Total tested in Cullman Co.: 37,045
- Total tested in the last 14 days in Cullman Co.: 2,546
- Cases in the last 14 days in Cullman Co.: 106
- Total tested in Alabama: 2,292,074
- Cases in the last 14 days in Alabama: 12,594
- Total tested in the last 14 days in Alabama: 158,146
- Currently hospitalized in Alabama: 651
- Cumulative no. of hospitalizations in Alabama (reported M-F): 45,428
- Presumed recoveries in Alabama (reported weekly): 285,130
Vaccine details (updated Monday-Friday)
- Doses delivered to Alabama: 1,348,245
- Doses delivered to Alabama providers: 1,191,425
- Doses administered: 920,566
- Number of people receiving one or more doses: 617,768
- Number of people who have completed vaccine series: 301,256
- Doses delivered to federal Long-Term Care Program: 156,820
- Doses administered by the federal Long-Term Care Program: 80,047
Alabamians in Phases 1a and 1b, as well as people older than 65, are eligible to receive a vaccine.
View the Alabama COVID-19 Vaccination Allocation Plan at: www.alabamapublichealth.gov/covid19vaccine/assets/adph-covid19-vaccination-allocation-plan.pdf
Daily update from ADPH
Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has issued Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) for the Johnson & Johnson single-dose COVID-19 vaccine for individuals 18 years of age and older. Alabama will receive 40,100 doses of the vaccine this week. The Johnson & Johnson vaccine will not be used to target a specific population but will go through our normal allocation process of identifying providers that are next in line to receive vaccine. The average weekly allocation of first doses received in Alabama will increase this week due to the Johnson & Johnson shipment. At this time, it will be a one-time allotment, and we do not know when the state will receive additional Johnson & Johnson vaccine.
COVID-19 vaccine appointments available at select CVS Pharmacy locations
The Federal Retail Pharmacy Program expanded to begin administering COVID-19 vaccine at nine select CVS locations throughout the state Thursday, Feb. 25. As of Monday, March 1, vaccine appointments are currently available at CVS locations in Camden, Evergreen, Jackson, and Union Springs. Available appointments can be scheduled at www.cvs.com/immunizations/covid-19-vaccine, or by calling 1-800-746-7287.
Second dose large-scale mass vaccination clinics to be held this week
Eight large-scale mass vaccination clinics took place throughout the state Feb. 8-12. Attendees that received a Pfizer vaccine for their first dose will return to the same location this week to receive their second dose.
Volunteers supporting ADPH for vaccine distribution
As of today, ADPH has 488 medical volunteers, including physicians, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, dentists, and LPNs, verified to support COVID-19 clinical activities. Please email requests to volunteer to Thresa.Dix@adph.state.al.us, and include your discipline, license number and county in which you would like to volunteer.
Copyright 2021 Humble Roots, LLC. All Rights Reserved.