CULLMAN, Ala. – The Cullman School Board on Tuesday recognized several faculty, staff and students for their accomplishments.
The board recognized Cullman High School (CHS) Student of the Month Avielle Shadrick, CHS Support Person of the Month Randy Sweatmon and CHS Teacher of the Month Gina Nix.
Cullman Middle School student musicians honored for being selected to participate in the Alabama Bandmasters Association Middle School All-State Band were Ana Vo, Callie Randall, Isaac Heinze, Sadie Chalkley and Treasure Corley. CHS student musicians selected for the Alabama Bandmasters Association All-State Band were Domenico Brunetti, Grace Bunch, Caden Hornsby, Elijah Putman, Yukino Shichinohe and Logan Walker.
Hornsby was also recognized for being selected as a finalist in the Alabama Music Educators Association Young Composers Competition. Hornsby’s composition is titled “Angel Falls.” Putman was also recognized for being selected to participate in the Alabama Orchestra Association North Region Symphony Orchestra as well as the Alabama All-State Sinfonia Orchestra.
Also recognized were new National Board Certified Teachers (NBCTs):
- Amanda Stidham -Literacy: Reading-Language Arts, Early and Middle Childhood -Cullman City Primary School
- Hilary Nix -Library Media: Early Childhood through Young Adulthood – Cullman City Primary School
- Susan Boyd -Library Media: Early Childhood through Young Adulthood – CHS
The following agenda items were approved:
- Three-year contracts for the following principals: Elizabeth Shaddix, Jay Page, James Johnson, and Allison Tuggle
- Revision to the Cullman City Schools Facility Rental Agreement
- Permission to conduct a Head Start and Kindergarten camp at CCPS Aug. 9-10, 2023; this would apply for preschool classes as well as Kindergarten
- Revision to 2022-23 Academic Calendar to account for weather-related missed academic days
- Revised Elementary School Principal Job Description.
- Contract with Yenny Laney to provide translation services from March 22-June 30, 2023
- Contract with Tiffany Hagan to provide speech and language services from March 22-July 31, 2023
- Head Start Items:
- Partnership Agreement with Dr. Emily Che Wilson for vision screenings
- Partnership Agreement with Dr. James Thomas for TB screenings
- Health Services Advisor Agreement with Dr. Heidi Blair
The following consent agenda items were approved:
- Surplus three hack squat machines from the CHS basketball weight room
- Permission for CHS Fishing Team to travel to Lake Chickamauga in Tennessee April 14-15, 2023
- Permission for CHS Band to travel to Chicago Nov. 17-21, 2023, to represent Alabama in the Chicago Magnificent Mile Lights Festival Parade
- Head Start Items:
- Fiscal Reports for February 2023
- Health/Nutrition/Disabilities/Enrollment Report for February 2023
The next regular board meeting will be April 18 at Cullman High School. The meeting begins at 5 p.m.
Copyright 2023 Humble Roots, LLC All Rights Reserved.