CULLMAN, Ala. – The Cullman County Commission on Tuesday, March 21, proclaimed April 2023 Child Abuse Prevention Month. It also approved push-to-talk back-up radio systems for Cullman County first responders.
According to Cullman County EMA Director Tim Sartin, every first responder agency in the county will be on this system. Sartin explained that in the event that a responder is in a location with a bad signal and cannot use his or her radio, this new system will allow the responder to use his or her cell phone to communicate with dispatch. The new system is ready to be implemented immediately.
In other business, the commission approved the following:
- Resolution 2023-22: Select Engineering Services for Water Department ARPA projects
- Consider the extension for HH technologies Abatement 220308002 and 2020308001 through June 30, 2023
- Consider allocation to Cullman County DAV in the amount of $5,000 for wheelchair accessible van to transport veterans to medical appointments
- Consider Spring Clean-Up for the month of May 2023
- Consider payment of Workers Compensation additional amount of $69,448.83 to County Risk Services due to annual audit
- Consider Commissioner Corey Freeman’s nominee, Grace Potter, to the WellStone Board of Directors for the remainder of Rita Nicholas’ term set to expire April 1, 2027
- Authorize Chairman Jeff Clemons to reappoint Josh O’Neal to the WellStone Board of Directors for a six-year term to expire April 1, 2029
- Consider approval of ADS installation of five door access controls at the sheriff’s office in the amount of $14,941.49
- Consider push-to-talk back-up radio systems for the County in the amount of $11,179.22
- Consider Sensus FlexNet System Upgrade for the Cullman County Water Department in the amount of $101,487 and authorize chairman to sign all related paperwork
- Consider proposed preliminary plat Radford Place II second addition, a minor subdivision containing lots located off County Road 1251
- Consider proposed bond release for Kingfisher Subdivision Phase 1A and Phase 1B; all construction has been completed and has passed final inspection
- Consider the purchase of two truck beds off State Bid List (Contract no. MA230000003459) through Warren Truck & Trailer, Inc in the amount of $38,288
- Award Bid no. 1428: One or more single-axle dump truck(s) to NexTran Truck Centers in the amount of $119,705
- Award Bid no. 1429: Bituminous plant mix (furnished and installed) to Whitaker Contracting and WireGrass Construction Company, LLC based on vicinity and availability
- Award Bid no. 1430: Guardrail to Alabama Guardrail
- Award Bid no. 1431: Polypropylene pipe to Bear Concrete Products
- Award Bid no. 1432: Herbicides and adjuvants to Helena and SiteOne Landscape based on vicinity and availability
- Award Bid no. 1433: Bituminous plant mix (product only) to Whitaker Contracting and WireGrass Construction Company, LLC based on vicinity and availability
The next meeting will be held on Tuesday, April 18, 2023, with the work session beginning at 4 p.m. and regular meeting at 6 at the Cullman County Courthouse in the Commission Meeting Room.
Copyright 2023 Humble Roots, LLC. All Rights Reserved.