CULLMAN, Ala. – At Thursday afternoon’s Cullman County Board of Education (CCBOE) meeting, Fairview Elementary School student Shannon “Perry” Means was recognized for winning the Cullman County Soil and Water Conservation District poster contest and winning the second- and third-grade prize in the Alabama Association of Conservation Districts (AACD) Area 1 poster contest. The dutiful student led the CCBOE in the Pledge of Allegiance to kick off the meeting.
A presentation by Schneider Electric, updating progress on construction projects throughout the school system, was given and was an apropos start to the second budget hearing for the district, highlighting the work performed and tentative savings as a result.
The budget’s capital improvement highlights included:
- Cold Springs High School new gymnasium
- Fairview High School home economics and ag building renovation
- Good Hope Middle School new media center, offices and gymnasium
- Hanceville Elementary School new lunchroom and classroom additions
- Vinemont High School science classroom and lab addition
- West Point School lunchroom renovation and expansion
Upon the second reading, the board approved the budget and continued with the agenda.
Kelly Tanner, new principal at Hanceville Middle School, was introduced to the attendees.
The personnel report for CCBOE is voted on but sent to the public at a later date. Upon receipt, this story will be updated.
Copyright 2022 Humble Roots, LLC. All Rights Reserved.