CULLMAN, Ala. – On Tuesday evening, Cullman County Board of Education (CCBOE) Chief School Financial Officer (CSFO) Ed Roberson unveiled a proposed $102,608,994.74 budget for the 2020 fiscal year, with total expected expenditures of $100,061,037.03. The total represents a roughly $1 million increase over last year’s budget.
According to a sample budget distributed at the meeting, the system expects total revenues of $100,287,605.96, with other financing sources adding $3.7 million more for a total system income of $104,022,294.54 and a final ending bank balance at the end of the fiscal year next September of more than $20 million.
According to Roberson, the highlights of the new budget include:
- New home economics building addition for Holly Pond
- Replacement of window air conditioners in multiple schools
- Installation of air conditioning units in school gyms
- Repaving at multiple campuses
- Security improvements including fencing, entry systems and camera systems
- Completion of the Child Development Center playground
The CCBOE will hold a second budget hearing at its next regular meeting Thursday, Sept. 12. The work session will be at 5:30 p.m., with the meeting following immediately. The public is invited to attend.
Copyright 2019 Humble Roots, LLC. All Rights Reserved.