HANCEVILLE, Ala. – Wallace State Community College is introducing a number of new program offerings during the Fall 2019 semester to meet demand for additional certificate options and associate degree programs.
The following options are now available in these programs:
- General Studies: A.S. with a concentration in Forensic Psychology; and Short-Term Certificate in Religious Studies
- Diagnostic Medical Sonography: Associate in Applied Science (A.A.S.) degree in Diagnostic Medical Sonography–Cardiovascular Sonography
- Business Ed & Office Administration: Short-Term Certificate in Human Resources Management
- Business Management and Supervision: Short-Term Certificate in Human Resources Management
- Graphic Art and Design: Short-Term Certificates in Graphic Art & Design, 2D and 3D Studio Emphasis, Digital Graphics, and 2D Studio Art
- Medical Assisting: Certificate in Medical Assisting
- Agriculture Production/Horticulture: Short-Term Certificate in Farm and Ready to Market
- Diagnostic Imaging: Short-Term Certificate in Computed Tomography (CT)
- Welding: Associate in Applied Science (A.A.S) degree in SMAW/GTAW Pipe Welding; Certificate in SMAW/GTAW Pipe Welding; and Short-Term Certificates in SMAW Carbon Pipe Welding/Industrial Blueprint and GTAW Pipe Welding/Pipe Fitting
Wallace State’s Nursing Department will begin taking applications this fall for the new ADN-BSN program offered in partnership with UAB. The application deadline is Sept. 1 for the program, which begins in Spring 2020.
Wallace State’s Engineering Technology Department is planning to add an associate degree and short-term certificate option in Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) during the 2019-2020 academic year.
Classes are available day, evening and online. Online degree programs are also available in general studies, liberal arts, child development, computer science and more.
To provide students with additional mini-term options, Wallace State also offers two flex terms start dates during the fall semester. Flex I registration coincides with the regular term registration, and continues through Aug. 23. Flex II registration begins Tuesday, Oct. 8.
Fall semester classes begin Monday, Aug. 19. Late registration for the regular term continues through Friday, Aug. 23 at http://www.wallacestate.edu/register-now.
For more information about Wallace State, visit www.wallacestate.edu or call 256-352-8000.