CULLMAN, Ala. – The Cullman City School Board and Superintendent Dr. Susan Patterson Tuesday evening celebrated the achievements of many students and their teachers.
Teachers of the Year recognized were:
- Cullman City Primary School- Allison Bates
- East Elementary School- Kelly Thrasher
- West Elementary School and Cullman City Schools Elementary Teacher of the Year- Salena Mayberry
- Cullman Middle School- Kylie Bates
- Cullman High School and Cullman City Schools Secondary Teacher of the Year- John Drake
Cullman City Schools students recognized were:
- Max Scosyrev, who won second place in the Alabama Arbor Day Poster Contest
- Libby Carter, Samantha Miller and Ripkin Oliver from Cullman City Primary School- 2019 State Superintendent’s Visual Art Exhibit
- Olivia Hudson, Jennifer Jester, Avery Keeton, Vivian Sack, Ayuka Shichinohe and Graciella Smith from Cullman High School- 2019 State Superintendent’s Visual Art Exhibit
- Ayuka Shichinohe, who won first place, paintings category, in the 2019 Congressional Art Competition
- Townley Cornelius, Evelyn Shelton, Drew Conway and Garrett Harbison- HOSA State Competition Awards Top 6 State Finalists CHS
- Abby Hodge, Maggie McGuire, Sophia Hudson, Reagan Martin, Lauren McAnally, Madilyn James, Emily Little and Cailyn Sorrow- HOSA State Competition Awards CHS
- Alyssa Sandlin, Dawson Culver and Mary Claire Page- 2019 Alabama All State Choir CHS
- Lauren Chapman and Aubrey Martin- 2019 Alabama All State Choir CMS
- Sara Reeves, Tessa Adkins and Branson Danecker- 2019 Alabama All-State Band CHS
- 2018 AHSAA State 6A Cheerleading Champions- Emily Little, Megan Flynt, Kennedy Witcher, Lauren Sumrall, Karli McGehee, Sophie Harrison, Sydney Ratliff, Elizabeth Baughn, Katelyn Kress, Ashton Story, Chloe Echols, Ellie Jones, Krislyn Scroggins, Averi Wallace and Emily Klair Brown
- 2019 National High School Cheerleading Championship Qualifiers- Emily Little, Kennedy Witcher, Megan Flynt, Ashton Story, Ellie Jones, Sydney Ratliff, Emily Klair Brown, Elizabeth Baughn, Lauren Sumrall, Sophie Harrison, Karlie McGehee, Averi Wallace, Bailey Battles, Katelyn Kress, Autumn Calvert, Lilly Rutherford, Maddie Baughn, Chloe Echols, Adyson Bauer, Krislyn Scroggins and Carlie Fuller
- 2019 National High School Cheerleading Championship Fourth Place- Emily Little, Megan Flynt, Lauren Sumrall, Sophie Harrison, Sydney Ratliff, Karli McGehee, Chloe Echols, Ashton Story, Ellie Jones, Krislyn Scroggins, Emily Klair Brown and Averi Wallace
“As you can see, we have so many things from fine arts, to athletics to academics to be proud of our students at Cullman City Schools,” said Board Member Joey Orr.
Patterson recognized two individuals who will be leaving Cullman City Schools at the end of the school year. Dr. Richard Templeton, student service coordinator, has taken a position within the Muscle Shoals City School System and Vickie Miller, who teaches fifth grade at West Elementary School, has taken a position at the Alabama State Department of Education with the Alabama Math, Science and Technology Initiative (AMSTI).
Said Templeton, “It’s bittersweet because I have some great relationships here and we’ve done so much over the past six years to build our programs.”
Agenda items approved:
– March 2019 payroll of $1,998,426.50, invoices paid of $254,210.28, financial statements and bank reconciliations
– Head Start expenditures report for March 2019 and Health/Nutrition/Disabilities/Enrollment Report for March 2019
– Permission for Cullman High School FCCLA to attend the FCCLA National Leadership Conference in Anaheim, California to compete in the National STAR Events competition and leadership meetings and tours on June 27-July 5, 2019.
– Permission for Cullman High School FCCLA to attend the FCCLA National Cluster Leadership Conference in Dallas, Texas on Nov. 13-17, 2019
– Permission for Cullman Middle School eighth-grade Beta Club to travel to the Civil War Battle sites in Franklin, Tennessee on May 1, 2019
– Permission for East Elementary and Cullman Middle School Archery teams to attend the National Archery competition in Louisville, Kentucky on May 8-10, 2019
– Permission for Cullman High School Archery team to attend the National Archery competition in Louisville, Kentucky on May 9-11, 2019
– Permission to surplus/salvage a 2016 Toro 3000 Series 60 inch Lawnmower with EZ Vac Bagger and a Toro Reelmaster 2000D reel mower Cullman High School
– Permission to salvage a Dell desktop computer at Cullman City Head Start
– Permission to surplus/salvage the following 2008 textbooks from Cullman High School: McDougall Littell “Discovering French 1 Bleu”, ISBN13: 9780618656516, 50 copies with one set of ancillaries; McDougal Littell “Discovering French 2 Blanc”, ISBN13: 9780618656523, 66 copies with a partial set of ancillaries; McDougal Littell “Discovering French 3 Rouge”, ISBN13: 9780618656530, 16 copies with a partial set of ancillaries; Holt, Rinehart, Winston “Spanish 2 iExprésate!”, ISBN: 9780030453229s, 65 copies with a partial set of ancillaries; and Holt, Rinehart, Winston “Spanish 1 iExprésate!”, ISBN: 9780030452048, 72 copies with a partial set of ancillaries.
– New Head Start Policies and Procedures. These items were brought back from Policy Review Committee for consideration: Program Structure: POPS01; Education and Child Development Program Services: POECDPS01, POECDPS02, POECDPS03, POECDPS04, POECDPS05, POECDPS06, POECDPS07, POECDPS08, POECDPS09, POECDPS10, POECDPS11, POECDPS12, POECDPS13, POECDPS14, POECDPS15, and POECDPS16; Additional Services for Children with Disabilities: POASCD01, POASCD02, POASCD03, POASCD04, POASCD05, and POASCD06; Transition Services: POTS01, POTS02, POTS03, and POTS04; Human Resources Management: POHRM02, POHRM04, and POHRM05; Program Management and Quality Improvements: POPMQI01; Health Program Services: POHPS01, POHPS02, POHPS03, POHPS06, and POHPS07.
– Nonresident Fees for the 2019-2020 School Year. The fee for one student will increase from $800 to $850. Two or more students will increase from $1,400 to $1,500.
– Permission to bid #04161901 and accept the lowest responsible bidder for occupational and physical therapy services.
– Permission to contract with Stephen Ward & Associates for the Cullman Middle School Round Building Roof Repair Project
– Resolution to engage Raymond James and Associates, Inc. as underwriter and Bradley Arant Boult Cummings LLP as bond counsel
– Four-day summer work schedule beginning June 3, 2019 July 26, 2019. Superintendent’s Office schedule may vary to include Friday work as needed.
– LEA Interagency Agreement between Cullman City Child Development (Head Start) and Cullman City Board of Education
– 2019-2020 Cullman City Head Start school calendar
– 2019-2020 Cullman City Head Start PreK school calendar
– Proposal for new Head Start Policies and Procedures. These items will be sent out to the Policy Review Committee and brought back for consideration: Education and Child Development Program Services: POECDPS17; Eligibility, Recruitment, Selection, Enrollment, and Attendance: POERSEA01, POERSEA02, POERSEA03, POERSEA04, POERSEA05, POERSEA06, POERSEA07, and POERSEA08; Family and Community Engagement Program Services: POFCEPS01, POFCEPS02, POFCEPS03, and POFCEPS04; Human Resources Management: POHRM01, POHRM03, POHRM06, POHRM07, POHRM08, POHRM09, POHRM10, POHRM11, POHRM12, POHRM13, POHRM14, POHRM15, and POHRM16; Health Program Services: POHPS04, POHPS05, POHPS08, POHPS09, and POHPS10
– Cullman City Head Start Community Partnership agreements:
- Cullman County Public Library
- Good Samaritan Health Clinic
- The Link
- United Way
– Contract with Margaret Baker to provide special education services on as-needed
basis beginning May 27, 2019 to July 31, 2019 (IDEA Funds)
– Contract with Lori Andrews to provide special education services on an as-needed basis beginning May 27, 2019 to July 31, 2019 (IDEA Funds)
– Contract with Cody Culpepper to assist with various maintenance duties on an as-needed
basis beginning January 1, 2019 May 31, 2019
Contract with Leigh Hempfling to provide office duties, including summer enrollment at West Elementary School beginning June 3-July 26, 2019 (Local school funds)
– Contract with Amber Hembree to provide counseling duties during the summer of 2019 (Central Office Funds)
– Contract with Curriculum Coaches for the summer of 2019: Lindsay Brannon, Erica Rutherford, Melinda Willingham
- Linda Earnest, English teacher at Cullman Middle School, effective May 24, 2019
- Divonne Ann Davis, CNP worker at East Elementary School, effective July 1, 2019
- Donna Scott, custodian at Cullman Middle School, effective June 1, 2019
- Dr. Richard Templeton, Student Services Coordinator, effective June 12, 2019
- Kayla Goble, CNP worker at East Elementary School, effective April 1, 2019
- Crystal Hudson, P.E. assistant at Cullman City Primary School, effective May 24, 2019
- Laura Reid, Remediation teacher at Cullman Middle School, effective May 24, 2019
- Vickie Miller, fifth-grade teacher at West Elementary School, effective April 18,2019
– Leaves of absence:
- Cassity Campbell, disabilities assistant at Cullman City Head Start, requests one-day unpaid leave of absence on April 4, 2019.
- Ashley Garrison, first grade teacher at Cullman City Primary School, requests maternity leave beginning Aug. 5, 2019 followed by Family and Medical Leave (FMLA) beginning Sept. 16, 2019 through Jan. 2, 2020
– Employments: Conditional Employment under the terms of the Child Protection Act of 1999, Act No. 2002457, and pending certification, as applicable.
- April Dean, 4th grade teacher at East Elementary School beginning Aug. 2, 2019 (JV 19002)
– Revised Temporary Employment Date:
- Meaghan Britton, temporary third-grade teacher at WES, revised beginning date of Feb. 22, 2019 May 24, 2019 (previously approved on 12/13/18 for March 4, 2019 May 24, 2019)
– Supplement Resignation:
- Laura Reid, Cullman High School Assistant Tennis Coach, effective May 24, 2019
– Head Start: (FA1) Monitoring Review Program Performance Summary Report No findings were noted.
The next regularly scheduled board meeting will be Tuesday, May 21 at 5 p.m. in the Central Office Board Room.
Copyright 2019 Humble Roots, LLC. All Rights Reserved.