BAILEYTON, Ala. – The Baileyton Town Council held its regular meeting, delayed one week, on Monday, Sept. 11, 2023. The council welcomed Donna Kent, who said she realized while organizing first-aid supplies in the senior and community center that the automated external defibrillator (AED) located inside the center had been expired for nearly 10 years.
“One of the things I noticed was that the AED has been out of date since 2013, and it’s being stored in the office that is typically locked,” said Kent. “With y’all renting out this center, it’s a good idea to make sure that we have these supplies readily available if they are needed.”
The council passed a motion to temporarily place one of the new AEDs located in the park at the senior and community center until after its budget meeting, when the purchase of a new AED for the center can be discussed.
In other business:
- The council passed a motion to employ Heath Meherg of Griffith, Lowry and Meherg as town attorney. Meherg will now be present at all Baileyton Town Council meetings.
- The council approved Saturday, Oct. 28, 2023, for its drive-thru-style candy giveaway.
- The council discussed possible dates for a budget meeting.
- The council motioned to reinstate an Amazon Prime membership for the Town.
- The council said the Town will be trimming trees along Summit Road, Pan Creek Road, Cemetery Road and Short Road for school buses to have better access.
The Baileyton Town Council meets the first Monday of the month at 7 p.m. at Baileyton Town Hall. The next regular council meeting will be Monday, Oct. 2, 2023.
Copyright Humble Roots LLC, 2023. All Rights Reserved.