HANCEVILLE, Ala. – It was a victorious day in Hanceville for community members into the “tiny house” way of life, as the Hanceville City Council on Thursday voted to approve Ordinance no. 653.
Mayor Pro-Tem Jim Sawyer motioned to adopt the zoning ordinance, which was months in the making. Councilwoman Patty Dean seconded, and after a roll call vote, the motion passed unanimously and will become law in the city of Hanceville.
In other business:
- Roofing Services of Cullman LLC won the bid for the library roofing project
- One barrel of surplus hygiene supplies from the Hanceville Police Department was given to the Bulldog Care Closet
- $150 approved for Disabled American Veterans Chapter 101
- $250 was approved for the Bulldog Care Closet
- Applied Masonry Inc. won the bid for the jail rebricking project; City Attorney Dan Willingham recommended submission of the bid to the ethics committee in accordance with statute 11-43-12.1(b)
The next Hanceville Council meeting will be held Thursday, May 25, with work session beginning at 5 p.m. at 5:30.
Copyright 2023 Humble Roots, LLC. All Rights Reserved.