CULLMAN, Ala. – The Cullman City Council on Monday night proclaimed April Fair Housing Month in the city. It also declared April 30-May 6 Small Business Week.
Cullman Strawberry Festival Senior Day will be Friday, May 5 from 9 a.m. – 9 p.m. at the Festhalle, with the Cullman Strawberry Festival set to take place at the Festhalle and Depot Park the next day beginning at 9 a.m. For more information on Senior Day, call the Cullman County Commission on Aging at 256-734-1241. Get more details on the Strawberry Festival at www.cullmanstrawberryfest.com.
Mayor Woody Jacobs shared news that the Five Points area construction is clearing up.
Jacobs also said Chaplain Clarence Benefield with Disabled American Veterans is looking for funds to secure vans to transport non-ambulatory veterans to doctor’s appointments and other medical treatment facilities; they were given $5,000.
The following requests were approved:
- A special event request from Lynsey Todd of Cullman Warehouse District to hold a spring street sale on Friday, April 21 and Saturday, April 22, from 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
- A special event request from Michael Glover of Pure Faith Ministries for Church in Depot Park on Sunday, April 30, from 1-3 p.m.
- A special event request from Kelly Pulliam of Cullman Parks, Recreation & Sports Tourism to hold the annual Cullman Strawberry Festival in the Special Events District on Saturday, May 6
- A special event request from Christy Turner of Cullman Parks, Recreation & Sports Tourism to hold the annual Dinner on First in the Warehouse District on May 18 at 6 p.m.
- The following ordinances and resolutions were approved:
- Resolution No. 2023-38 to decrease the capital asset threshold for depreciation purposes from $20,000 to $10,000
- Resolution No. 2023-39 to approve the Fiscal Year 2022 Annual Financial Audit of the City of Cullman
- Resolution No. 2023-40 to award the bid for Cobblestone Hotel and Suites Road Improvements to the lowest responsible bidder, Massey Asphalt Paving LLC
- Second reading of Ordinance No. 2023-18 to annex property located on U.S. Highway 278 West beside I-65 as B-2 Business District, which received a favorable recommendation from the Planning Commission
- Second reading of Ordinance No. 2023-20 to vacate a utility easement on Lot 1 in the Abbey View Subdivision, which is not needed for public or municipal purposes
- First Reading of Ordinance No. 2023-21 to adopt the 2023 Back-to-School Sales Tax Holiday (third weekend in July)
- Gary Hollingsworth was reappointed to the Alcohol Review Committee (ARC) and David Nassetta to the police chief’s position
- Jenny Folsom, Wesley Moore and Hugh Harris were reappointed to the CATS 55 Board
- Wes Moore was reappointed to the Medical Clinic Board, No. 2
Copyright 2023 Humble Roots, LLC. All Rights Reserved.