CULLMAN, Ala. – The City of Cullman School Board met on Tuesday night where the East Elementary School (EES) Archery Team was recognized for their recent National Archery in the Schools State Championship win and undefeated season.
Four competitors were recognized for receiving the National Academic All-American Archer award—Thatcher Lucas from EES, Madeline Seidel from Cullman Middle School (CMS) and Forrest
Calvert and Will Bolzle from Cullman High School (CHS).
Returning to his alma mater, Will Drake will be teaching English and taking over as the boys’ soccer coach, a position at CHS vacated this week by Coach Casey Harbin. Jason Johnsey has accepted a role as the assistant coach for the boys’ basketball team and as a social studies teacher returning to teach at CHS after a brief tenure elsewhere.
District VI Elementary Teacher of the Year, EES’s April Dean, was lauded for earning a spot in the “Sweet 16” for Alabama Elementary Teacher of the Year.
The introduction of Allison Tuggle as the new CHS principal and Elizabeth Shaddix as the new Cullman Primary School (CPS) was made. Tuggle previously served as the vice principal at CHS and Shaddix’s most recent position was math coach at CPS.
The continuation of last summer’s feeding program will resume on June 7 and be held weekly at West Elementary School (WES) from 10:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
School Superintendent Kyle Kalloff recognized School Nurse Day and commended each of the schools’ nursing staff for their dedication to the students.
Teacher Amy Gleaton addressed the board requesting the consideration of wage increases for teachers.
In addition, the following business was approved:
- Summer Reading Camp teachers and assistants’ contracts
- Summer professional development
- Revision of Head Start job descriptions
- Supplemental budget application for Head Start
- Early Childhood Education Consultation services to Head Start
- Award of bid for capital improvements at WES to EaglePro, LLC for HVAC upgrades
- Contracts for janitorial and secretarial services
- Surplus and salvage of unusable items
- CHS band trip to Universal Studios November 12-16
- CHS football senior trip to Ocoee, Tennessee with dates to be determined
The next called board meeting is scheduled for May 26 at 4:00 p.m. and the next regular board meeting will be June 14 at 8:00 a.m. Both meetings will be held in the Central Office Board Room. The public is invited to attend.
Copyright 2021 Humble Roots, LLC. All Rights Reserved.