CULLMAN, Ala. – This coming Friday, the Cullman Area Chamber of Commerce will enjoy another of its increasingly popular 2nd Fridays summer celebrations, and the Cullman Downtown Merchants Association (CDMA) is joining the Chamber in planning for the south end of the event district around First Avenue NE/SE to put on the dog, be the cat’s meow, (insert your favorite animal catch phrase here)! However you care to say it, Friday will be a good night for fluffy friends downtown as the CDMA hosts a special evening for animals and their humans.
CDMA event coordinator Ron Pierce shared with us that the event will include:
- Pet parade at 6 p.m. – a limited number of spots are available, so reservations are encouraged; call 256-682-1501. Pay $5 or donate food for the Animal Shelter to get in. Participants get gift cards and prizes from downtown merchants.
- Cullman County Animal Shelter, bringing pets available for adoption, across from Busy Bee.
- A rolling petting zoo where you can get up close and personal with some critters. A good place to stop during the evening, since it’s air-conditioned, too!
- Therapy dog trainers
- Pet Depot will have pet goods for sale.
- Staff from Happy Tails, Lee’s Veterinary Hospital, and Hope Horses will be on hand.
Pierce told The Tribune, “Need to give Happy Tails a lot of credit, because they’re helping to organize the whole thing, plus they’ve got a thing to give away to everybody’s who’s in the parade.”
Of course, plenty of other fun features will be there as well:
- 40-foot Ferris wheel across from Moe’s Original Bar B Que, riding from 5-10 p.m. Rides are free, but a $2 donations will be accepted and appreciated.
- Live entertainment featuring Thick as Thieves on the main stage, as well as street musicians
- Vehicle show, this time featuring offroad power: Basch Brothers Powersports OHVs and ATVs, Jeeps, 4x4s and trucks from Ford, Chevrolet, Nissan, GMC, Ram
- Food: taco truck, pizza truck, snow cones, and all the regular downtown supper spots
At a glance
Cullman Area Chamber of Commerce and Cullman Downtown Merchants Association Second Friday Celebration
Friday, July 12, 2019
Along First Avenue SE/NE between the Busy Bee Cafe and Festhalle, and other select locations downtown
Bring your pets! To enter 6 p.m. pet parade, call 256-682-1501. Entry fee $5 or donation of pet food for Cullman County Animal Shelter.
Copyright 2019 Humble Roots, LLC. All Rights Reserved.