Mirroring History: Eureka Hotel and Rexall DrugStore Becomes Cullman Savings Bank’s Parking Deck

By:
0
2351
Cullman County Museum

CULLMAN – The Eureka Hotel and Rexall Drugstore was located at the intersection of 1st Street SW and 4th Street SW in downtown Cullman. The building was purchased by E.C. Kinney in 1909 and was remodeled in 1927.

Despite a fire in the late 1940s or early 1950s, the building was still used until the 1970s.

To the left side of the pictured hotel is the second Cullman County Courthouse, which was in use from 1912 until the mid 1960s.

Today the land is home to the Cullman Savings Bank multi-leveled parking deck.