CULLMAN, Ala. – The Cullman City Board of Education held a called meeting on Thursday afternoon at their central office, with members Chris Branham, Joey Orr and Amy Carter, and Superintendent Kyle Kallhoff in attendance to approve various action items on the agenda.
The retirement of Special Education Instructor of Kathryn Privett at CCPS was accepted and approved. The resignations of Michelle Herrera and Bailey Battles, both early morning aides at CCPS, were also approved.
Elizabeth Shaddix was officially given a contract to serve as Principal and Head Start Director at CCPS and conditional employment was granted to Bailey Beckman. Beckman will be a Kindergarten/1st-grade teacher at CCPS.
Changes at East Elementary School (EES) include the resignation of Linda Purkey as a Special Education teacher and the addition of conditional employment to Rachel Carden for General Education teacher.
The employment contract for non-tenured Caitlin Bowling was not renewed at Cullman Middle School (CMS) for the Family and Consumer Science teacher position. A conditional employment contract was approved for Jonathan Haynes for a part-time Adjunct STEM Technologies instructor at CMS.
Cullman High School (CHS) English teacher, Varsity Girls Basketball assistant coach and National Honor Society sponsor Mary Hartline’s resignation was accepted, as well as resignations of Special Education aide Cindy Bales and Science teacher William “Samuel” Patterson.
Donna Brunetti and Molly Gambrill will be coming on board at CHS, Brunetti as a Science teacher and Gambrill as an English Language Arts teacher with conditional employment. The approval of Jason Johnsey and Will Drake as the CHS Assistant Boys Basketball coach and CHS Varsity Boys Soccer coach, respectively, was granted. Jonathan Hayes was given a Coach Contract for CHS head coach for Girls Basketball.
In other business:
- Allison Tuggle’s contract for CHS Principal was granted.
- Additional conditional employment contracts were given to the following:
- Melissa Wright – Central Office Student Services Secretary/Bookkeeper
- Roman Shields – Temporary part-time Maintenance Helper
- Jacob Baker – Cullman City Schools Special Education Instructional Aide
- Caleigh Anderson – Cullman City Schools Special Education Instructional Aide
- The board approved waiving the out of district fees for the children of school employees during the 2022-2023 school year.
- A $15,000 Term Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment policy was approved for all of district’s full-time employees.
- A contract with the North Alabama Agriplex to provide instruction at the outdoor classrooms as West Elementary, East Elementary and Cullman Primary for the upcoming school year was approved.
- Bryan Patrick’s contract to provide support during summer school was granted, along with those of Heather Carter, Brandon Dingler and Joseph McPhillips, to provide EES’s Aspiring Admin Internship services.
Board members Cheryl Harrison and Jason Neal were absent from the meeting.
The next board meeting will be on Tuesday, June 14 at 8:00 a.m. at the Central Office. The public is invited to attend.
Copyright 2022 Humble Roots, LLC. All Rights Reserved.