HANCEVILLE, Ala. – The Hanceville City Council voted Thursday to give the city’s employee’s full time and part time employees a one–time pay adjustment from money it is expected to receive from the American Rescue Plan. The amount is based on hours worked between March 2020 and March 2021. Full time employees will receive $1,200 ($100 for each month) while part time employees’ incentive will vary based on the number of hours worked each month.
“Our employees well deserve this. We never missed a day. City Hall was never closed, not the first day,” Mayor Kenneth Nail said. The incentives will be distributed once the City of Hanceville receives the expected American Rescue Plan funds.
The Hanceville Tractor Show is returning in 2021. The event is scheduled for June 12th at Wallace State Community College. The show will begin at 9 a.m. and will feature fun contests, homemade ice cream and tons for families to enjoy. To assist with the show, the council approved a $1000 sponsorship to help organizers with expenses.
- The council approved paying $100 to the Hanceville High School Cheerleaders for a sponsorship banner.
- The council approved a request by Hanceville Fire and Rescue to move $5000 budgeted for maintenance on a trailer to fire equipment purchases. The trailer the money was originally budgeted for has been surplused.
- The council approved several items for surplus:
- Eight tables from the Civic Center
- 2019 Ford F250 from Public Works (ratified)
- Flail mower from Public Works
- Three ATVS from the Hanceville Police Department
- Six dog kennels from Hanceville Police Department
- Mayor Nail’s current truck
Approved payment for the final audited bill for 2021 Municipal Workers Comp Insurance for $12,968.00.
The Hanceville City Council meets the 2nd and 4th Thursday of each month. The next meeting will be June 10 at 5:30 p.m. at Hanceville City Hall. The public is invited to attend.
Copyright 2021 Humble Roots, LLC. All Rights Reserved.