West Point Middle School Scholars (L-R): Aaiden Jones, John-Davis Yovino, Brodie Henry, Eli Taylor, Silas Baty, Judd Douglas, Katie Beth Yovino, Zeke Cornett, Abigail Roy, Kaleb Perry (Photo courtesy Lee Henry)
HANCEVILLE – Results are in from Tuesday’s middle school scholars’ bowl matches at Wallace State.
West Point has proven to be a juggernaut. Due to a bye in next week’s final regular season matches, the team has finished its season and has done so as the only undefeated team among Cullman County’s middle schools.
West Point coach Lee Henry told The Tribune, “This is an amazing group of kids. And the starting four ‘core’ players have a great chemistry. The potential for this group is off the charts. While this is the end of the local league for us, it's just the beginning and we're just getting started. We have several invitationals in the coming months, not to mention the ASCA (Alabama Scholastic Competition Association) District and State Championships next semester. And, of course, we fully intend to qualify and travel to Chicago for nationals again this spring!”
Vinemont, Cullman and Fairview had byes this week
- West Point 415 . . . . . Good Hope 85
- Hanceville 270 . . . . . Parkside 120
- Holly Pond 205 . . . . . Harmony 120
- Cold Springs 135 . . . St. Bernard 120
- Holly Pond 200 . . . . . Good Hope 30
- West Point 415 . . . . . Hanceville 90
- St. Bernard 225 . . . . . Parkside 55
- Good Hope 70 . . . . . . Parkside 40
- West Point 355 . . . . . Harmony 85
- St. Bernard 175 . . . . . Hanceville 60
Stay with The Tribune for middle and high school results through the end of the league season next week, and through upcoming postseason tournaments.
Thanks to Wallace State Scholars’ Bowl sponsor Christine O’Leary for keeping us up to date.
Copyright 2018 Humble Roots, LLC. All Rights Reserved.