Mirroring History: From Cullman County School to Cullman County Courthouse

By:
0
1830

CULLMAN – The Cullman County Courthouse’s current location was vacant until the year 1920 when it became home to a two-story brick building, which was used as the Cullman Public School.

The building had a large auditorium that had a balcony. Unfortunately, the school building burned to the ground in 1943.

Today Cullman County’s third courthouse stands in its place. The courthouse was completed in 1965 at a cost of $1.5 million.