Freddie Day Catering has been serving up yummy German food all week at Oktoberfest. (Christy Perry for The Cullman Tribune)
CULLMAN – Oktoberfest 2018 is winding down. If you haven't been out yet, you have this afternoon and evening to enjoy.
At the heart of all successful Oktoberfests is yummy German cuisine. Freddie Day Catering has been at the Festhalle throughout this year’s celebration serving up a selection of German favorites.
Mouth-watering schnitzel and bratwurst are featured, with red cabbage, sauerkraut, German potato salad, rye bread and apple strudel. The Tribune was treated to a plate Wednesday and everything was kostlich!! Do not pass up on the strudel!!
Freddie Day is set up under the large white tent attached to the Festhalle. Plates are $12.
Remaining Oktoberfest events*:
- Until 9 p.m. – Farmer's Market
- Until 8 p.m. – Arts & Crafts at Depot Park
- Until 10 p.m. – Children’s Activities at the Children’s Area Parking Lot
- Until 5 p.m.- Nimble Thimble Quilt Guild Display at the Museum
- Until 5 p.m. – Oktoberfest Junior Sidewalk Art Show in front of City Hall, prizes awarded
- Until 10 p.m. Carriage Rides at Festhalle
- Until 7 p.m. – Sacred Heart Church Bingo/ Concessions sold / 256-734-4563
- Until midnight – Alabama Craft Bier Garten
- All day- Freddie Day Catering – German Food
- 3-6 p.m. – Route 161 Happy Wanderers – Band
- 4-7 p.m. – Corn Hole Tournament at Goat Island Brewery sponsored by St. Paul’s Lutheran Church / Food Truck/ Amateur registration $30 a team / Professional registration $50 a team / Contact # 256-734-6580 / stpaulscullman.com
- 6:15-8 p.m. – Avenue G – Band
- 8-8:15 p.m. – Best German Costume, Longest Beard / Braid Contest
- 8:15-9:45 p.m. – Round 2 – Band
- 9:45-10 p.m. – Stein Hoisting Contest at Festalle
- 10 p.m.-midnight – Fly By Radio – Band
*Unless otherwise noted, all events take place at Festhalle (209 First Ave. NE). The Alabama Craft Bier Garten is located next to Festhalle.
Copyright 2018 Humble Roots, LLC. All Rights Reserved.