This poster, drawn by West Point Elementary School’s Lyric Antone, is featured in the 2019 Farm-City calendar. (Alfa Farmers)
MONTGOMERY – Alabama Farm-City 2019 calendars featuring winning posters, essays and multimedia projects from students across the state are now available for pre-order.
“This calendar would make a great gift for family, friends, clients or community members,” said Jeff Helms, Alabama Farm-City Committee chairman. “Each month, there’s a new scene portraying the importance of farming as seen through the eyes of a child.”
Each month includes students’ artwork depicting the 2017 Farm-City theme, “Agriculture: Food For Life.” Featured students are:
- Hudson Foster of Lineville Elementary School in Clay County
- Bowen Lee Jones of Zion Chapel Elementary School in Coffee County
- Lyric Antone of West Point Elementary School in Cullman County
- Alana Smith of Ariton Elementary School in Dale County
- Zayden Merry of Montana Street Magnet School in Houston County
- William Thornton of Heard Magnet School in Houston County
- Jordan Renee’ Dukes of South Lamar School in Lamar County
- Anna Grace Black of Hatton Elementary School in Lawrence County
- Hannah Lee of Baldwin Arts & Academic Magnet School in Montgomery County
- Emma Shelton of Pickens Academy in Pickens County
- Yaley McLendon of Pike Liberal Arts School in Pike County
- Braden DeLoach of Fayetteville School in Talladega County
- Lily Gracelyn Moss of Horseshoe Bend School in Tallapoosa County
- Sophie Novalee Knight of Haleyville Elementary School in Winston County
The final two pages of the calendar include the first-place essays from Audrey Teaster of Autauga Academy in Autauga County and Lauren Garlits of Garlits Homeschool in Barbour County, along with a link to the first-place multimedia presentation from Kaleigh Backstrom of The Way Home Christian School in Marshall County.
Calendars are $1.25 each with a minimum order of 10 calendars. Orders are due Aug. 31.
To order or for more details, visit http://alfafarmers.org/uploads/files/2019_Alabama_Farm-City_Calendar_Order_Form.pdf.