CULLMAN – The Cullman County Board of Education (CCBOE) this week at its regular meeting heard from Ed Roberson, chief financial officer, who conducted the first of two required public budget hearings for fiscal year 2019.
Roberson announced budget highlights including:
- Addition of a Home Economics building at Holly Pond
- Phase I replacement of 90-plus window air conditioning units beginning with Hanceville Middle School and Good Hope Middle School
- Phase I new air conditioning units beginning with Vinemont Schools and Good Hope
- Installation of large fans in elementary and middle school gyms
- QZAB (Qualified Zone Academy Bonds) renovations and repairs
The projected FY19 budget is $80.5 million with a projected ending balance of $11.4 million. Breakdowns or revenue and expenditures are available at the Cullman County Schools central office. Roberson explained that he will be happy to discuss any budget questions or concerns but requested that individuals submit them on budget response forms also available through the central office.
Following the presentation, with all board members present, all agenda items were approved. (See below.)
The next meeting is scheduled for Thursday, Sept. 13, 2018 at 6 p.m. in the Central Office Board Room with a work session at 5:30.
Copyright 2018 Humble Roots, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Cullman Tribune file photo