CULLMAN – Cullman EMS is teaming up with Cullman Elks Lodge and R.E. Garrison Trucking to serve as a donation drop-off site for hurricane flood victims in Texas. Donations will be accepted through Friday, Sept. 1 until the truck is full.
The donations will be taken to the Beaumont Elks Lodge in Beaumont, Texas where they have opened their doors to serve as a shelter for flood victims displaced by the hurricane.
Items needed include:
- Cases of bottled water or gallon jugs of water
- Baby items: food, diapers, etc.
- Non-perishable snack foods: cereal bars, chips, etc.
- Gift cards and cash – Elks will use money to purchase more items on the way.
- Pet food – Elks shelter is one of the few accepting animals.
“We are happy to partner with the Cullman Elks Lodge and R.E. Garrison to serve as a drop-off site,” Cullman EMS Director James Curtis said. “As first responders, we understand the immediate need for supplies on the front lines. During times like this, we are reminded of the support we received following the April 27th disaster that struck our community and we’re happy to be able to provide that support to other communities in need.”
Cullman EMS is located at 601 Second Ave. SW. For more information, contact Cullman EMS at 256-734-1524 or visit online at www.cullmanregional.com.
Copyright 2017 Humble Roots, LLC. All Rights Reserved.