GOOD HOPE – Twenty-eight young men were recognized Thursday night for an outstanding 2016 Cullman County middle school football season.
The coaches' All-County team was announced at halftime of the middle school girls’ basketball semifinal between West Point and Good Hope.
Good Hope Middle School coach Tyler Hudson presented the certificates to the players, who were selected based on their performance from late August until mid-October.
The 2016 Coaches’ All-County Middle School Football Team:
- HANCEVILLE: Karson Wilbanks, Taejon Jones, Bo Joles, JR Isbell, Allen Huckabey, Jose Bautista
- FAIRVIEW: Will Bailey, Eli Speegle, Levi Garner, JT White, Parker Martin
- GOOD HOPE: Jared Pugh, Lane Speegle, Lucas Hill, Dotson Putman, Eli Pugh, Cody Dye, Colton Bagwell, Jackson Dillashaw
- WEST POINT: Ethan Helms, Keaton Chappell, Lucas McAfee
- VINEMONT: Tanner Brown, Will Rhodes
- HOLLY POND: Andy Garcia, Levi Boatright, Todd Sears, Cody Lynn
Good Hope had the most players selected, with eight; the Raiders won their fourth middle school championship in the last five years this season. Good Hope has won 35 of its last 36 games, with the only loss, to Vinemont, in the 2015 championship.
The Raiders were 7-0 in 2016, defeating Hanceville in the title game on Oct. 17 at James Shabel Stadium.
Copyright 2016 Humble Roots, LLC. All Rights Reserved.