Cullman City Schools’ nurses
CULLMAN – It was a night of recognizing outstanding achievements when the Cullman City School Board met Tuesday evening.
First up was the Cullman High School competition cheerleading team, who recently won the Alabama High School Athletic Association (AHSAA) Class 6A championship at Wallace State Community College and qualified to participate in the upcoming National High School Cheerleading Competition in Orlando, Florida.
The squad consists of Savanna Ball, Lacie Bartlett, Madison Bates, Elizabeth Baughn, Emily Klair Brown, Jayla Crawford, Magan Flynt, Kacie Griffith, Kate Davis Heatherly, Ellie Jones, Hannah Lowery, Abby Mayhair, Ashton Story, Lauren Sumrall, Ashley Grace Uphold, Abbie Wallace and Shelby Weir. The coaches are Erica Ball, Jared Hanson and Stacie Owen.
Next were the Cullman High School thespians, who received top honors at the State Trumbauer Theatre Festival. Members recognized were:
- Drew Fillinger – All State All Star Cast, Musical Theater, Solo Dramatic Acting
- Blake Tetro – Duet Comedic Acting
- Maddie Murphee – Duet Comedic Acting
- Rutland Turner – Solo Dramatic Classical Acting
- Ella Morring – Solo Dramatic Classical Acting
- Justin Weygand – Duet Musical Theater
- Riley Adams – Duet Musical Theater
- Winter Murray – Classical Solo Acting
- Alyssa Sandlin – Classical Solo Acting
For the Alabama All-State Choir, the following students were recognized:
- Drew Fillinger – Cullman High School
- Mary Claire Page, Tiffany Dotson, Kristin Chau Lee, Chandler Greer – Cullman Middle School
Cheryl Potter was recognized for receiving the 1st Award for Continuing Education granted by the Continuing Education Board of the American Speech Language Hearing Association.
Lastly, Cullman City Schools’ nurses were honored with a resolution from the State of Alabama, commending them for their services.
- Jennifer Shugarts – Cullman Middle School
- Kaylshia Whittle – Cullman Primary School & Head Start
- Shan Goodlett – East Elementary
- Dori Potter – West Elementary
- Rachel Joiner – Cullman High School
New business included:
- Appointment of Joey Orr to Head Start/City School Board of Education Liaison.
- Permission to change payroll date from Dec. 31, 2016 to Dec. 16, 2016.
- Permission to provide tuition assistance for Marie Stringer during Spring of 2017 to complete her bachelor's degree in early childhood education.
- Permission to amend contract with Sydney Pair to assist teaching and content delivery of CTE Drafting classes at Cullman High School for the 2016-17 school year.
- Permission to contract with Shevella McGuire to provide special education psychometrist evaluations.
- Permission to contract with Dr. Gayle Morrison to provide guidance for teachers pursuing their National Board Certifications for the 2016-17 school year.
- Permission to contract with Lacy Sharpton for National Board of Professional Teaching Standards methods beginning Nov. 11, 2016 through May, 2017.
- Permission to contract with Kenny Gleaton to teach night school at Cullman High School.
The board will meet next on Tuesday, Jan. 17 at 6 p.m. inside Tillman Hall at Cullman High School. The public is invited to attend.
Copyright 2016 Humble Roots, LLC. All Rights Reserved.