CULLMAN, Ala. – The Cullman County Commission grew by two on Tuesday, Nov. 16 as Kelly Duke and Corey Freeman joined the standing commission members, Garry Marchman and Kerry Watson, along with Chairman Jeff Clemons. The new commission recognized Miss Cullman County Fair Outstanding Teen Heidi Armstrong and Miss Cullman County Fair Alexis Sartin.
In other business, the commission approved the following:
- Change speed limit to 25 mph on County Road 1121
- Set the dates and times for Commission Meetings
- Add Commissioner Kelly Duke and Commissioner Corey Freeman to all County bank accounts
- Consider authorizing payment to the City of Hanceville for Mud Creek Cleanup in the amount of $20,000 for FY 2022
- Approve insurance agreement with Byars Wright Insurance for Property and Casualty insurance for FY 2023, effective Dec. 1, 2022, with a premium of $512,159
- Approve annual payment to Harris Smart Fusion in the amount of $19,404.60 for financial software
- Ratify renewal of ADEM Permit ALG890252 for Co. Rd. 122 Borrow pit site
- Consider amended Samba Safety contract to include hazmat certification class
- Consider allowing the library to keep half the proceeds from the Bookmobile sale
- Consider extending the contract with the Cullman County Co-op for a two-year lease of the Bates building
- Authorize Chairman to appoint Matt Smith to the Community Action of North Alabama for a 5-year term to expire Nov. 2027
- Authorize purchase for upgraded door access control system from ADS in the amount of $27,839.43
- Authorize Coroner to sign Memorandum of Understanding between the Alabama Department of Public Health and Cullman County Commission for Mortuary Cooler
- Authorize Coroner to apply for the National Network of Public Health Institutes (NNPHI) grant in the amount of $20,000.
- Authorize EMA Director Tim Sartin to apply for the 2023 Emergency Management Performance grant (EMPG)
- Enter lease agreement with Enterprise for one 2022 Dodge Ram 1500 Classic in the amount of
- $43,696 for the Appraisal and Mapping Department and authorize Chairman to sign all related paperwork
- Amend Item S from last month to remove the 2016 Ford F-250 (Vin # 1FTBF2B60GEB 17224) from the surplus list and place it back in service
- Proposed plat Fly South Campground Phase 1, a major RV subdivision containing 42 lots located off County Road 1196
- Award Bid #1416: Traffic Signs to Traffic Signs, Inc and Vulcan Inc based upon price, availability, and vicinity
- Award Bid # 1714: Traffic Striping to J.C. Cheek Contractors, Inc.
- Award Bid # 1418: Corrugated Plastic Pipe to Bear Concrete Products, Inc, ADCO Pipe & Supply, LLC, and White Cap Construction Supply based upon price, availability, and vicinity
- Bid # 1420: New Air Control 1 /, Ton & 5 Ton split System Unit
The next meeting will be held on Tuesday, Dec. 20 with the work session beginning at 4 p.m. and regular meeting at 6 p.m. at the Cullman County Courthouse in the Commission Meeting Room.
Copyright 2022 Humble Roots, LLC. All Rights Reserved.