CULLMAN, Ala. – On Aug. 25, Cullman Regional Medical Center released the following COVID update:
Cullman County is in the High-Risk category for overall level of community transmission.
Cullman Regional Current Situation
· 79 COVID positive patients, 16 of whom are on a ventilator
· Continue to be vigilant in mask wearing and social distancing. Everyone should continue to follow precautions to prevent the spread of infection – wash hands, socially distance and wear a mask when you cannot social distance.
Shown below is the Alabama Department of Public Health data on hospitalizations statewide.
COVID Vaccine Clinic – New Location
Beginning Monday, Aug. 30, the Cullman Regional COVID vaccine clinic will be moved to the hospital’s mobile unit which will be located in the parking area of Professional Office Building (POB) 3 on the east side of campus. This location is most easily accessed through the hospital’s main entrance at the traffic light off Highway 157.
- New clinic hours are: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday from 9 a.m. – 1 p.m. No Thursday appointments are available. When you arrive, please pull up to the mobile unit and a staff member will give you further instructions.
- All first dose vaccines will be administered in the new location beginning Monday, Aug. 31.
- Patients who received their first dose at Cullman Regional Urgent Care can return to Urgent Care for their second dose or can schedule their second dose appointment online at https://cullmanregional.com/cullman-regional-vaccination-clinics/?swcfpc=1.
- Third dose vaccines for immunocompromised individuals will be administered in the new location in the parking area of POB 3.
- When booster shots are available they will be administered in the new clinic location in the parking area of POB 3.
- Vaccines are administered by appointment only. To schedule a vaccine appointment visit link above.
- If no appointments are available, please check back the following day as we post additional appointment openings regularly.
Additional Community Locations Providing Vaccines
Johnson & Johnson
Visiting Cullman Regional:
As a reminder, Cullman Regional upholds visitation restrictions in accordance with CDC guidelines.
These restrictions include:
- All visitors must check-in and complete a temperature check at the front desk
- Masks are required for employees and visitors regardless of vaccination status
- Only one visitor is allowed per adult (16 or older) patient in all hospital departments except the Emergency Department*. (Two visitors allowed per minor patient ages 15 or younger)
- COVID-19 positive patients will not be allowed to have visitors
- All visitors must be over the age of 16
Please remember that visitor hours are from 8am – 8pm daily.
Visitors to the Cullman Regional Medical Group Clinics must wear a mask regardless of vaccination status and only one visitor is allowed per patient; or two visitors per minor under the age of 16.
*Emergency Department Restrictions
- Due to the influx of COVID positive cases and out of an abundance of caution, no visitors are allowed in the Emergency Department. Limited exceptions will be made on a case-by-case basis. In those limited exceptions, we will only allow (1) visitor/caregiver who will not be allowed to rotate with any other visitor during the patient’s stay in the Emergency Department to limit unnecessary exposures.
We appreciate your compliance with these regulations to keep our staff, patients and families safe.
Stay up to date on all of the information by following us on Social Media: Facebook, Instagram and Twitter or visit https://cullmanregional.com/coronavirus-2/ for more information.