CULLMAN, Ala. – Recipients of the most recent grants from the Cullman County Community Development Commission gathered Monday morning to receive the funds for their upcoming projects. The seven recipients were given $12,000 each, for a total amount of $84,000 awarded. The organizations who received the grants, as well as the people who accepted the checks on behalf of the organizations and the projects the grants were awarded for, are listed below:
- Beverly Jenkins for Good Hope Elementary School – purchasing tables and chairs for social distancing,
- Lori McGrath for the Cullman County Bosom Buddies Foundation – assisting cancer patients in need,
- John Teems for Crane Hill Communities Fire and EMS – purchase of a LUCAS CPR device,
- Jerry Ferrell for Walter Volunteer Fire Department – purchasing turnout gear, rechargeable flashlights, medical equipment, batteries and chargers,
- Jeremy Simmons for Good Hope Fire Rescue – purchasing extrication equipment,
- Corey Freeman for Logan Fire and Rescue – purchase of new turnout gear and
- Charese Morris for the Cullman County Center for the Developmentally Disabled – payment of fees associated with shipments of Walmart returns.
Presenting the checks to the recipients were Cherrie Haney, chairman of the CCCDC, and Josh Speakman, CCCDC member.
To request a grant, visit the CCCDC website (http://www.co.cullman.al.us/cccdc/cccdc.html) to read the grant request policies and fill out the online grant request form.
Copyright 2021 Humble Roots, LLC. All Rights Reserved.