CARY, NC – It’s been a busy month for Cullman Swim Association swimmers Charlie Long and Mika Lackey. The CSA duo competed in last weekend’s Southeastern Championships in Huntsville and will be headed to Cary, North Carolina this weekend to swim in this year’s ESSZ Age Group Sectionals. The Blue Crash squad was in the field at February’s Region 3 Championship in Birmingham as well. Long and Lackey qualified for both the Southeastern Championship and Sectionals at the Region 3 meet.
Region 3 Championship (Feb. 13-14)
- Overall, the Blue Crush placed fifth out of 20 teams competing at the meet
- CSA’s 8 & Under Boys team earned a second-place finish and the 8 & Under Girls placed fifth
- As individuals, Georgia Dowdy placed seventh in the girls’ division and on the boys’ side, Griffin Berryhill, Reid Harper and Harris Crow finished second, fourth and 10th respectively
- Both Charlie Long and Mika Lackey qualified for the Southeastern Championships and ESSZ Age Group Sectionals
Southeastern Championships (March 5-7)
- Charlie Long placed third in the 10 & Under Boys division and Mika Lackey earned a fourth-place individual finish in the 10 & Under Girls division
Charlie Long: Second place 200-yard freestyle (2:20.72) – fourth place 100-yard individual medley (1:19.44) – second place 500-yard freestyle (6:25.79) – second place 200-yard individual medley (2:48.58) – third place 100-yard backstroke (1:18.57) – fourth place 100-yard freestyle (1:07.05)
Mika Lackey: Fourth place 50-yard breaststroke (38.89) – second place 100-yard individual medley (1:16.22) – fourth place 50-yard backstroke (35.49) – second place 100-yard backstroke (1:16.72) – third place 100-yard freestyle (1:07.48) – third place 100-yard breaststroke (1:27.79)
Copyright 2021 Humble Roots, LLC. All Rights Reserved.