HANCEVILLE, Ala. – Hanceville-based pregnancy services organization First Source for Women (FSW) is getting creative and hosting a live telethon fundraising event Oct. 29, 2020 from 5-9 p.m., and the group is seeking local talent to take part.
According to FSW, “Singers, bands and other artistic talents are encouraged to submit a video audition that is two minutes or less. Individuals and groups that are selected will be asked to attend a rehearsal on Oct. 22 as well as the fundraising event on Oct. 29. Each participant will receive a telethon T-shirt!”
Video auditions can be emailed to email@example.com until Sept. 23.
FSW said, “Show us what ya got!”
What is First Source for Women?
FSW Executive Director Catherine Bethell explained in a previous interview, “First Source for Women is a Christ-centered, nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization. We are a pregnancy care resource center offering education, compassion, love and ongoing support to the women we serve. We believe women can overcome any obstacle placed before them when given the correct information and support.
“Although each woman that comes to us has her own unique story, there is a resounding common feeling…fear: the fear of what their parents will say, fear they cannot parent well, fear their plans and goals are gone forever, fear they cannot do this alone. This is our purpose, this is why we are here: to walk with them and show them the face of Christ, to show them that they are never alone.”
Services offered by FSW include:
- Pregnancy testing
- Limited ultrasounds by trained, licensed nurses
- Confidential options education
- Mentoring by a Life Affirming Specialist who will provide education, guidance and support for the duration of a client’s pregnancy
- Positive choices sexual risk avoidance education
- Access to the FSW baby boutique for clothes, diapers, baby supplies and baby beds
- Mentoring for fathers and fathers-to-be by male counselors
- Developing employment skills
- Post-abortion counseling and recovery
- Referrals to other community agencies (food, clothing, shelter, financial assistance, etc.)
All of FSW’s services are offered free of charge. An “earn while you learn” program allows clients to take classes in childbirth, parenting skills, relationship skills, nutrition, health and other subjects- and receive for each class “mommy money” they can spend in the boutique for even more things.
The FSW “Storkmobile mobile unit travels to outlying communities to provide onsite pregnancy testing and ultrasounds.
For more information on First Source for Women, visit www.firstsourceforwomen.org or call 256-352-5683.
Email telethon video auditions to firstname.lastname@example.org by Sept. 23.
Copyright 2020 Humble Roots, LLC. All Rights Reserved.