Several new teachers and administrators were on hand to introduce themselves. / W.C. Mann
CULLMAN – On Thursday evening, the Cullman County Board of Education (CCBOE) officially approved its slate of new teachers and administrators.
Most prominent of those known to have come on board is former Alabama High School Athletic Association Assistant Director Wanda Gilliland, whose appointment to the newly-created position of district-wide athletic director was approved unanimously.
The board also approved a partial change of duty for Cullman Area Technology Academy (CATA) Principal Billy Troutman. A decision was made not to replace departing CCBOE Career Technical Director Jeff Curtis; that position will be merged with that of CATA principal, and Troutman will take over the combined post.
A three-percent pay raise for the county’s elementary school principals was approved. Their salaries are a combination of district and state funds; the raise will bring the CCBOE’s contribution in line with those it gives to middle and high school principals.
Additionally, the board voted to fund a $40,149 project to make repairs to Good Hope Middle School’s parking lot. Superintendent Shane Barnette expressed understanding that all school parking lots in the system probably need work, but he explained that Good Hope Middle had been on the CCBOE’s Capital Plan for several years, and that the condition of this particular parking lot had become a danger to students.
To conclude the meeting, Barnette gave a listing of key upcoming dates:
- July 31 – Special-called board meeting to approve last-minute hires
- Aug. 1 – Teachers’ Institute at Wallace State Coliseum, starting at 8:30 a.m., doors open at 7:30 a.m.
- Aug. 6 – Sixth grade Open House, 2-4 p.m.
- Aug. 7 – Open House for all other grades, 4-7 p.m.
- Aug. 9 – First day of school for students
The next board meeting will be Thursday, July 31, at 6 p.m. in the CCBOE central office board room. The public is invited to attend.
Below is the complete list of all personnel changes approved at Thursday night's meeting:
Resignations and retirements
- A.J. Lamar, West Point HS coach, resigned
- Robin Miller, West point HS special education teacher, resigned
- Mary Norris, Hanceville HS English teacher, resigned
- Matt Norris, Vinemont HS science teacher, resigned
- Clyde Roberts, West Point ES 2nd grade teacher, retired
- Deborah Twilley, CATA special education aide, retired
- Sara Barbee, central office learning supports secretary to Good Hope ES 3rd grade teacher
- Kristi Barnette, from West Point ES teacher to West Point Intermediate teacher
- Desiree Cheyenne Bartlett, from Hanceville ES/MS spec. ed. teacher to Hanceville MS spec. ed
- Felicia Bartlett, from Vinemont Preschool spec. ed. aide to Hanceville MS spec. ed. aide
- Lynn Bradford, C.A.R.E. Asst. Principal to Credit Recovery Asst. Principal
- Donna Cagle, from West Point MS spec. ed. aide to West Point HS spec. ed. aide
- Jeffrey Shane Carter, from West Point ES teacher to West Point Intermediate teacher
- Pam Chandler, from Fairview HS spec. ed. aide to Fairview MS spec. ed. aide
- Cathy Collins, from Harmony spec. ed. LPN to Special Education Preschool LPN
- Matt Collins, from CATA PE teacher to Vinemont HS PE teacher
- Kim Renee Crumbley, from Fairview HS/Parkside counselor to Fairview HS counselor
- Melia Faulkner, from Holly Pond preschool spec. ed. To Special Education Preschool teacher
- Brandy Fields, from Welti ES preschool aide to Welti 1st grade teacher
- Philip Gay, from CATA Principal to Holly Pond MS Asst. Principal
- Lakrishia Lashae Hailey, from Fairview MS spec. ed. teacher to 6th grade teacher
- Jodi Ann Leverett, from CATA history teacher to Good Hope HS history teacher
- Wendy Mann, from West Point MS child nutrition to West Point MS custodian
- Lamanda Mapes, from C.A.R.E. teacher to Credit Recovery teacher
- Ruth Ellen Martin, from Good Hope HS bookkeeper to central office child nutrition bookkeeper
- Leslie Needham, from Fairview MS teacher to Good Hope Primary teacher
- Karen Pinion, central office learning supports facilitator (207 days) to same position (240 days)
- Micah Edward Rice, from Hanceville ES Asst. Principal to Cold Springs ES Asst. Principal
- Erin Skye Rowell, from Hanceville ES 3rd grade teacher to Hanceville MS 6th grade teacher
- Janette Lannett Sexton, from CDC spec. ed. teacher to CDC special ed. preschool teacher
- Chad Lee Shannon, from CATA science teacher to CATA Asst. Principal
- William Reid Tidwell, from Fairview HS spec. ed. teacher to Fairview MS/Parkside spec. ed.
- DeLan Trimble, from Vinemont HS Asst. Principal to C.A.R.E. Asst. Principal
- Janet Turner, Hanceville ES counselor to Hanceville ES Asst. Principal
- Mason Greer Voce, from CDC student aide to West Point MS spec. ed. teacher
- Summer Louise Walker, from CDC student aide to CDC child development teacher
- Kimberly Ann Warren, from Vinemont ES spec. ed. teacher to Hanceville ES spec. ed. teacher
- Johnny Whaley, from Vinemont HS counselor to Vinemont HS Asst. Principal/teacher
- Jennifer Lynn Wright, from Welti pre-K teacher to Good Hope Primary Kindergarten teacher
- Chelsie Danette Aldredge, Holly Pond HS science/chemistry teacher
- Eric Daniel Barnes, Good Hope MS science teacher
- Margaret Blackwood, West Point ES teacher
- Stephen Drew Bryson, West Point HS social science teacher
- Kristian William Chappell, West Point HS special ed. teacher
- Sydney Currington Chappell, Good Hope HS English teacher
- Carolyn Doss, Cold Springs HS math teacher
- Travis Christian Eskew, Vinemont HS agri-science teacher
- Allison Brooke Fowler, Fairview ES teacher
- Robert Franklin, Holly Pond MS temporary PE teacher
- Savannah Lea Freeman, Fairview ES teacher
- Sydney Paige Garmon, Cold Springs ES teacher
- Steven Michael Harbison, West Point HS English teacher
- Anthony Hicks, Holly Pond temporary history teacher
- Lanna Easterwood Hogeland, Hanceville ES secretary
- Natasha LiAnn Holcombe, Good Hope HS biology teacher
- Trenda Kimbrell, West Point ES teacher
- Melody Ann Martin, Good Hope ES teacher
- Matthew Damon McCullough, Good Hope HS social science teacher
- John Wesley McSwain, Cold Springs HS agri-science teacher
- Lauren Marie Rainwater, West Point ES teacher
- Philip Stephen Robinson, Vinemont HS social science teacher
- Logan Kay Sellers, Hanceville ES teacher
- Megan Addieline Stripling, Good Hope MS math teacher
- Elizabeth Ann Watwood, Hanceville MS math teacher
- Hayden Leigh West, West Point Intermediate teacher
- Britney Wilkins, West Point ES teacher
Other personnel changes
- Jerod Robert Jackson was approved as a non-faculty boys’ golf coach for Hanceville HS.
- Amie Veal’s contract was upgraded to reflect her master’s degree.
Copyright 2017 Humble Roots, LLC. All Rights Reserved.